From 1999 until 2016 Ireckon has been a dynamic Web Agency handling design, development, online marketing as well as Ireckon Hosting. Ireckon was set up by me its founder, Darryl King.
On August 12, 2016 I decided to step away from that part of the Digital Industry and focus on my passion and where my experience is best used.
My background like many from the early days of online required handling everything and learning quickly as this 'internet thing' took hold. It was the Wild West. An exciting new frontier with no rules.
Everyone was a newbie and we were all learning. I quickly used my mix of business nous, ability to absorb technical concepts quickly and a marketing lean to start managing digital products.
I worked in the very early 1990s at RP Data in building out new online portals in Real Estate, Automotive and Heavy Equipment. As the CEO of the Internet Services Products I ran the product development and commercialisation, sales teams and ensured technical performance was up to scratch.
After that, I setup Ireckon and the Agency quickly grew from 2 to 40 at it's biggest.
Much of my time over the latter years was working directly with clients on all aspects of improving their business, both on and offline, using web-based technical solutions.
This included ensuring their strategies were sound, their implementations efficient and suitable and then working on optimising each area of their online products. For some customers, this also meant working with their offline product solutions as well to improve and optimise performance in all areas of their sales and marketing.
I now choose to work with companies that wish to dig deeper into how they manage their online operations, improve their business performance, and particularly their web technology implementation.
My many years of working with enterprises large and small, in Australia and internationally, with a solid and detailed technical background, hands on sales and marketing skills and overall business knowledge gives me unique insights into improving startup performance, creating innovation in businesses losing their edge and handling massive change, including moving to more remote workforces.
- Developing and running ARK CMS in USA and Australia for over 10 years, featuring many News Ltd newspapers around Australia
- Running commercial development team for new product in Heavy Equipment market in the USA for Randall Publishing in conjunction with Australian and USA partners
- Bringing the Brisbane City Council websites back online after the floods and handling the enormous load for them until their infrastructure could cope again
- Brisbane Broncos 2013 Membership campaign
- Australian Red Cross Donate Blood website design and development
- Many many websites and applications including complex and multi-faceted integrations, APIs, designs and e-commerce
- Digital Marketing Campaigns
- My Politician website and social integrations
- Speaking at SMX Melbourne on Search and Social
- and much much more